Happy Holidays to everyone!
Creative Horizons Communications wishes everyone a blessed, prosperous, and joyous holiday season and New Year.
Although we have reached year's end, it may be time to start thinking about and planning your next career transition. Yes, employers are hiring and career opportunities are out there!
So the best gift you can give yourself and loved ones is a gift that lasts a lifetime -- the gift of investing in your brand along with enhancing your personal and professional growth.
Here are five things you can start doing to prepare for your job search:
5 Things To Do To Prepare for Your Job Search
1. Know what you’re worth. Define your value and accomplishments. Conduct salary research to determine how your current salary and benefits package compares to other folks doing the same job.
2. Define your ideal job. If you don’t know what your dream job looks like, how will you know how to find it? Define the job title and responsibilities of your perfect job.
3. List your preferences for the type of organization you’d like to work for. Is the organization small or large, corporate, non-profit or other? How many employees do you work with? In what type of industry? Then create a target list of companies that fit that criteria.
4. Update your résumé. Your dream job may be at your reach. Opportunities are out there. Make sure your résumé is ready so you can respond quickly. And if you don’t have a résumé yet, a professional résumé writer can help!) so contact us!
5. Develop and update your LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is a social networking tool that doesn’t replace the résumé but rather complements it. Also, gradually begin to increase your LinkedIn connections — make a goal of adding one new contact each day and maximize your connections with networks. Here's where I can help!
** Download insightful holiday job search guides and tips in the Job Search Vault!
For a master-level résumé package or career transition support, contact Creative Horizons Communications at 905-730-2374.